- Carver and Wallace, Iowa Scientists
- George Washington Carver
- Vietnam Vigil, ca. 1967-1971
- War Protester at the University of Iowa, 1967
- Protesting for Civil Rights, 1955
- Protesting Racial Discrimination, Waterloo, 1950
- Civil Rights Organizations
- African-Americans Labeled Communists
- African-American Legal Associations
- African-American Athletes at the University
- University Dorm Integration
- Racial Awareness
- Understanding Equality
You will need a program capable of playing Microsoft Silverlight files to view this video.
Download Microsoft Silverlight for free at www.microsoft.com.
In order to view this video, you must install Microsoft Silverlight
This video player uses Microsoft Silverlight.
I had no idea of how radical and dramatic discrimination was against blacks in our society. I really didn’t. I was raised in what I guess you might call total ignorance, or total innocence, one or the other or a combination of both. And you can blame or you can feel sorry for what, but there were an awful lot of Americans raised in that milieu in those days.
Iowa Pathways: Iowa History Resources for Students and Teachers
Home ~ My Path ~ Artifacts ~ Timeline ~ Quest ~ Teacher Resources ~ Project Information ~ SponsorsIowa Pathways © 2005 - 2014 Iowa Public Television