- Interior of the Colby Motor Company
- J.W. Witmer & Company Insurance
- Sheaffer Pen Company
- Washing machine assembly line
- Union members picketing
- Punched pearl button shells
- Elevators at Quaker Oats plant
- Hybrid seed plant
- War Changes Maytag Products
- The Iowa Bystander Publisher Fights for Success
- The Depression Years
- Iowa's Meatpacking Industry
You will need a program capable of playing Microsoft Silverlight files to view this video.
Download Microsoft Silverlight for free at www.microsoft.com.
The Depression Years
In order to view this video, you must install Microsoft Silverlight
This video player uses Microsoft Silverlight.
It was depression years. Everyone was poor. I had lived in an area that was economically and culturally deprived area in the city of Des Moines on the southeast side. But it didn’t make much difference where you lived, blacks were pretty much prescribed to live in pockets. In Chesterville where I was, there was of course blacks and whites, but we were all poor.
Iowa Pathways: Iowa History Resources for Students and Teachers
Home ~ My Path ~ Artifacts ~ Timeline ~ Quest ~ Teacher Resources ~ Project Information ~ SponsorsIowa Pathways © 2005 - 2013 Iowa Public Television