- Immigrants Studying for Naturalization, 1937
- Immigrating by Steamer, ca. 1901
- Why Move to Iowa?
- Immigrant Transportation
- Iowa Land for Sale
- The Icarians
- Czechoslovakians Come to Iowa
- Immigrants Adjust to New Lives
- Variety of Immigrants Come to Iowa
- Dutch Immigrate to Iowa
- A Legacy Continues
- Iowans Became Aware of Diverse Cultures
Iowa Land for Sale
At first government land was sold to speculators for $1.25 an acre. Then in the 1850s over ten percent of all land in Iowa was given to the railroads. As settlers entered the state, they bought land from the speculators, the railroads or directly from the government.
Iowa Pathways: Iowa History Resources for Students and Teachers
Home ~ My Path ~ Artifacts ~ Timeline ~ Quest ~ Teacher Resources ~ Project Information ~ SponsorsIowa Pathways © 2005 - 2015 Iowa Public Television