- Portable sawmill
- Sawmill in operation
- Lead smelting furnace
- millinery shop
- Fountain Spring Mill
- Miners with mule-drawn cart
- Punched pearl button shells
- Old shot tower
- Clamming Operation
- Coal Mining Towns
- Iowa's Population Shifts
- Lumber Milling in Iowa
- Find out more about the Indian tribes that traded along the Mississippi River.
- Do ice houses still exist? Visit the Ice House Museum in Cedar Falls!
- In 1849 a lumber raft trip down the Wisconsin River shows how logs got to the sawmills along the Mississippi.
- This flour mill was among the many other types of Mills such as woolen, grist and lumber mills in Bonaparte.
- The Mines of Spain are connected to the Mesquakie, Julien Dubuque, fur trade, and lead mining.
- This steamboat captain explains life on the Mississippi and transporting lumber.
- This article explains the unique construction of the a mill built around 1855.
No article found. Hmmmm...
Iowa Pathways: Iowa History Resources for Students and Teachers
Home ~ My Path ~ Artifacts ~ Timeline ~ Quest ~ Teacher Resources ~ Project Information ~ SponsorsIowa Pathways © 2005 - 2015 Iowa Public Television