The HiSET™ program from Educational Testing Service (ETS) replaces the traditional GED program at WITCC, offering an accessible and affordable alternative to those seeking a High School equivalency diploma.
To earn your HiSET™, you must pass the five HiSET™ tests: reading, math, writing, social studies and science.
- Free pretests are administered through the HiSET™ Preparation sites.
- The test is priced at $50 which covers registration, scoring and transcripts.
- Up to two free tests per subject are included for up to a year from original test (three tests per subject per year maximum).
- There is a $10 diploma fee paid before your first test appointment.
- Testing is available in Sioux City, Le Mars, Cherokee and Denison.
- Testing in Spanish is available in Sioux City and Le Mars.
A high school equivalency diploma can increase your lifetime earnings, but don't stop there! In Iowa, residents with college degrees earn almost twice as much as adults with a high school diploma or less.
English Language Learner Program
English classes help people to speak, hear, read, and write English. Topics include health, shopping, employment, daily living, food, and more! Classes are free. Students need to purchase their own workbook. Daytime and evening orientations are scheduled regularly for new students.
Western Iowa Tech Community College offer ESL classes in Sioux City, Goodwill, Denison and now offering classes at the West High School on Tuesdays and Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.