The Future of Energy Feature Video
fossil fuels to wind power, there are several option in our current
energy mix of energy resources. The benefits and drawbacks of each
fuel must be considered, and issues surrounding consumption, efficiency,
infrastructure, and environmental consequences must be resolved
in order to meet our future energy needs. This program examines
the possibilities, surveys the experts, and presents thoughtful
questions to challenge the viewer.
This 30-minute broadcast program outlines several issues surrounding future energy sources and uses, surveys stakeholders and experts in the field, and presents thoughtful questions to challenge your students. Find out more .
The Explore More: The Future of Energy VHS program contains an additional 15 minutes of issue-based interviews featuring energy stakeholders and experts. Find out more .
The Explore More: The Future of Energy companion video discussion guide includes pre-viewing and post-viewing questions, timecodes for easy accessibility, and key vocabulary words.
The video script for Explore More: The Future of Energy includes the Director's script and instructions for the 30-minute main feature.
Tips for Using Video in the Classroom
The videos are designed to be flexible and are organized around clear segments for pausing and classroom discussion. Watch a five-minute clip to jump-start classroom discussion. Watch the entire program to go in-depth on the issues. Check out these suggestions on ways to use video in your classroom .
|• Program Information
Explore More: The Future of Energy
Series: Explore More
Producer: Iowa Public Television
Distributor: Iowa Public Television
Copyright: 2002 Iowa Public Television
Physical Format: VHS
Length: 29:00 minutes (plus additional 15:00 minutes
of interview segments)
Audience: Grade 6-10 +
Closed Captioning: Yes
Rights: Unlimited duplication rights for educational purposes
How to Get a Copy
- All project materials are available at no cost to Iowa educators
- Some Iowa AEAs have VHS and DVD copies in their collection for Iowa educators. VHS or DVD versions of the program are not currently available outside of Iowa.
- Program VHS and DVDs can be found in many Iowa public libraries.
- If you are an Iowa teacher and have a question about obtaining a copy of the VHS or DVD program, please contact us .
- Explore More is distributed to North American television and educational networks through the National Educational Telecommunications Association (NETA).
Other Explore More Videos