KEY ICN EDUCATIONAL SITE SCHEDULING POLICIES
(For additional policies, see ITTC Administrative Rules)
1. ICN educational sites are accessible:
2. All requests to use ICN must be sponsored by an authorized agency. Chapter 7 of the ITTC Administrative Rules, defines authorized users as follows:
Authorized user means a private or public agency except for a public or private agency which was required pursuant to Iowa Code section 8D.9(1) to certify to the commission not later than July 1, 1994, of the agency's intent to become a part of the network and which did not provide such certification. Agencies that obtain legislative approval to join the network after July 1, 1994, will be treated as a public or private agency for purposes of this definition and all provisions of Iowa Code chapter 8D.
Private agency means an accredited nonpublic school, a nonprofit institution of higher education eligible for tuition grants, or a hospital licensed pursuant to lowa Code chapter 135B or a physician clinic to the extent provided in lowa Code section 8D.13, subsection 16.
Public agency means a state agency, an institution under the control of the board of regents, the judicial department as provided in Iowa Code section 8D.13, subsection 17, a school corporation, a city library, a regional library as provided in lowa Code chapter 256, a county library as provided in lowa Code chapter 336, or a judicial district department of correctional services established in lowa Code section 905.2 to the extent provided in lowa Code section 8D.13, subsection 15, an agency of the federal government, or a U.S. Post Office which receives a federal grant for pilot and demonstration projects.
See ITTC Administrative Rules for further clarification.
3. All ICN educational video sites are subject to scheduling policies established by the Education Telecommunications Council per Chapter 8D Code of Iowa.
4. For educational scheduling purposes two categories of ICN video classrooms exist:
Those sites in "A" may be scheduled for authorized use without "permission" from the site. Sites in "B" may permit or deny accessibility to other authorized users.
5. Independent colleges and other sites which have paid connection fees at their own expense may permit or deny accessibility to outside users.
If any Part I, Part II, or Part III sites elect to install a second classroom and connection to the ICN at their own expense, the newly installed classrooms are treated the same as independent college sites for purposes of scheduling policies and procedures.
6. ICN sites are permitted to charge Room Use Fees to the agency scheduling the ICN video session. The maximum fee is $12.50 per hour for actual hours of ICN time scheduled. An exception to this policy is that K-12 users and institutions providing programs for a K-12 audience may not be charged room use fees during normal school hours (7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). It is the responsibility of the site to bill the agency or institution requesting the ICN video session.
7. If adverse weather conditions necessitate the closing of an educational institution, that ICN site will also be closed. Statewide information on weather cancellations and site closings may be obtained from Regional Schedulers, Institutional Schedulers or the IPTV Classroom Operations Center (515) 242-3182. (When using the fiber phone, dial 242-3182.) The program sponsor/ICN video session requester is responsible for notifying session participants regarding weather related cancellations or postponements.