Strawberries are a universal sweet treat that are usually ripe for the picking here in Iowa in June. One this special episode of Iowa Ingredient, we’ll visit a pick-your-own strawberry patch in...
- Sat, March 15, 6:54 PM on IPTV World
- Sun, March 16, 5:59 PM on IPTV Learns
With its mild flavor and range of uses, eggplant is a food for culinary inspiration. Find out how eggplant is grown at one Boone farm then join chef Nate Jiroutek from Zins Restaurant in Cedar...
- Fri, March 21, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, March 22, 11:30 AM on IPTV
Rich in flavor and, unlike other nuts, low in calories, chestnuts are a popular cool season treat. Take a tour of Red Fern Farm outside of Wapello with host Charity Nebbe. The farm specializes in a...
- Fri, March 28, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, March 29, 11:30 AM on IPTV
Vibrant in color and sweet in flavor, strawberries are a quintessential treat. Before farm fresh produce was available year around in Iowa, strawberries were the sweetheart of summer. Join host...
- Fri, April 4, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, April 5, 11:30 AM on IPTV
These earthy vegetables come in unexpected colors with very distinct flavors. Beets are perhaps one of the most polarizing foods available. Everyone has their own opinion. On this Iowa...
- Fri, April 11, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, April 12, 11:30 AM on IPTV
Visit a neighborhood backyard in Iowa, and chances are pretty good that you’ll find walnut trees. On this Iowa Ingredient, join host Charity Nebbe to learn more about this local nut. We’ll visit...
- Fri, April 18, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, April 19, 11:30 AM on IPTV
Farm-fresh eggs have gorgeous orange yolks and a delicious, rich flavor. They’re high in protein, packed with vitamin-D, and can be the essential ingredient to countless recipes. On this episode...
- Fri, April 25, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, April 26, 11:30 AM on IPTV