It’s the Iowa staple, but what about pork makes it one of the most savory ingredients in cuisine? On this Iowa Ingredient, Charity Nebbe visits one northwest Iowa pork producing farm that focuses on...
- Thu, May 23, 10:30 AM on IPTV Learns
- Thu, May 23, 4:30 PM on IPTV Learns
- Thu, May 23, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Fri, June 21, 10:00 AM on IPTV Learns
- Fri, June 21, 4:00 PM on IPTV Learns
Explore the history and hard work involved in growing apples, watch chef Katie Routh from The Gathering Table in Orient prepare some sweet recipes using Iowa apples, and meet Beth Howard, author...
- Sat, May 25, 11:30 AM on IPTV
- Thu, May 30, 6:30 PM on IPTV
The aroma! The flavor! All over the world, garlic has been prized for its culinary uses. Many Iowa farms specialize in producing numerous kinds of garlic from mild and muted to tangy and spicy ....
- Sat, June 1, 11:30 AM on IPTV
- Thu, June 6, 6:30 PM on IPTV
Rhubarb is a popular Iowa spring treat. Host Charity Nebbe introduces us to a rhubarb grower in Morse, Iowa. Then Chef Matt Steigerwald from the Lincoln Cafe in Mount Vernon demonstrates rhubarb's...
- Mon, June 3, 10:00 AM on IPTV Learns
- Mon, June 3, 4:00 PM on IPTV Learns
Low in fat and cholesterol with great flavor, elk meat is a little-known delicacy in Iowa. In her search for ingredients that make Iowa uniquely Iowa, host Charity Nebbe visits the Wildlife Lakes...
- Fri, June 7, 10:00 AM on IPTV Learns
- Fri, June 7, 4:00 PM on IPTV Learns
Herbs play a major role in culinary cuisine. From chives to mint, every herb helps add complexity to the aroma and taste of almost every dish. Join host Charity Nebbe as she learns more about some...
- Sat, June 8, 11:30 AM on IPTV
- Thu, June 13, 6:30 PM on IPTV
An ingredient that’s not just for Popeye anymore, spinach is loaded with green goodness. In fact, it’s difficult to overestimate the nutritional powerhouse that is spinach. Join host Charity Nebbe...
- Mon, June 10, 10:00 AM on IPTV Learns
- Mon, June 10, 4:00 PM on IPTV Learns
Visit cheese maker and dairy farmer Mike Bandstra, from Frisian Farms in Oskaloosa; watch Chef Nick Illingworth of The Cheese Shop in Des Moines cook yummy favorites; and tag alon on The Eastern...
- Fri, June 14, 10:00 AM on IPTV Learns
- Fri, June 14, 4:00 PM on IPTV Learns
Rich, buttery, and essential for any number of dishes, heavy cream adds so much to so many delectable dishes. On her tour of Iowa farms, host Charity Nebbe takes in the sights of Picket Fence...
- Sat, June 15, 11:30 AM on IPTV
- Thu, June 20, 6:30 PM on IPTV
Antioxident-rich, low in fat, and downright scrumptious, blueberries are the ideal treat. On her search for distinctive Iowa foods, host Charity Nebbe explores how blueberries are grown and used in...
- Mon, June 17, 10:00 AM on IPTV Learns
- Mon, June 17, 4:00 PM on IPTV Learns
Don’t be fooled by this unassuming fruit. With its mild flavor and range of uses, eggplant is a food for culinary inspiration. Accompany host Charity Nebbe on her journey through Iowa farms,...
- Sat, June 22, 11:30 AM on IPTV
- Thu, June 27, 6:30 PM on IPTV
Rich in flavor and, unlike other nuts, low in calories, chestnuts are a popular cool season treat. Take a tour of Red Fern Farm outside of Wapello with host Charity Nebbe. The farm specializes in a...
- Sat, June 29, 11:30 AM on IPTV