Farm-fresh eggs have gorgeous orange yolks and a delicious, rich flavor. They’re high in protein, packed with vitamin-D, and can be the essential ingredient to countless recipes. On this episode...
- Fri, December 26, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, December 27, 11:29 AM on IPTV
It’s hard to beat the taste of a freshly-picked, vine-ripe tomato in the middle of summer. Tomatoes come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and colors, and the flavors can be just as varied and...
- Fri, January 2, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, January 3, 11:30 AM on IPTV
Antioxident-rich, low in fat, and downright scrumptious, blueberries are the ideal treat. On her search for distinctive Iowa foods, host Charity Nebbe explores how blueberries are grown and used in...
- Fri, January 9, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, January 10, 11:30 AM on IPTV
From sweet and mellow to blistering hot, peppers take on a range of flavors. They’re easy to grow in Iowa’s fertile soil; you can freeze, can them, and they can be used in a variety of recipes....
- Fri, January 16, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, January 17, 11:30 AM on IPTV
Visit cheese maker and dairy farmer Mike Bandstra, from Frisian Farms in Oskaloosa; watch Chef Nick Illingworth of The Cheese Shop in Des Moines cook yummy favorites; and tag along on The...
- Fri, January 23, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, January 24, 11:30 AM on IPTV
Explore the history and hard work involved in growing apples, watch chef Katie Routh from The Gathering Table in Orient prepare some sweet recipes using Iowa apples, and meet Beth Howard, author of...
- Fri, January 30, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, January 31, 11:30 AM on IPTV