- 1 cup fresh basil leaves - rough chop
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves- rough chop
- 1 cup spinach leaves- rough chop
- 1/2 cup fresh chives- rough chop
- 1 cup fresh parsley- rough chop
- 1 cup chopped raw nuts (walnuts, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or cashews)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime, squeezed
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. penne pasta (cooked)
- fresh cherry tomatoes -sliced in half
Cook pasta according to instructions until Al Dente.
In a food processor, blend all ingredients, except pasta and tomatoes. This is your pesto. Toss pesto with cooked penne pasta and cherry tomatoes for a delicious and beautiful hot or cold pasta dish.
Pesto can be frozen for up to one year in a jar or freezer bag. Pesto can be used as a dip, spread onto toast, or used as a base for pizza.