- Carver and Wallace, Iowa Scientists
- George Washington Carver
- Vietnam Vigil, ca. 1967-1971
- War Protester at the University of Iowa, 1967
- Protesting for Civil Rights, 1955
- Protesting Racial Discrimination, Waterloo, 1950
- Civil Rights Organizations
- African-Americans Labeled Communists
- African-American Legal Associations
- African-American Athletes at the University
- University Dorm Integration
- Racial Awareness
- Understanding Equality
You will need a program capable of playing Microsoft Silverlight files to view this video.
Download Microsoft Silverlight for free at www.microsoft.com.
In order to view this video, you must install Microsoft Silverlight
This video player uses Microsoft Silverlight.
When it finally dawned on me, sitting in that governor’s office and looking out that window in 1963, that the people living in the southeast Bottoms had every right I had sitting in that governor’s chair. I was sad. Because I hadn’t realized that before. And no person should ever be elected to sit in that office that doesn’t understand that.
Iowa Pathways: Iowa History Resources for Students and Teachers
Home ~ My Path ~ Artifacts ~ Timeline ~ Quest ~ Teacher Resources ~ Project Information ~ SponsorsIowa Pathways © 2005 - 2013 Iowa Public Television