- Mississippi River From Pike's Peak
- Riverboat in Muscatine, 1883
- Riverboat Passes Through Dubuque, 1959
- Historic Re-enactors on Stagecoaches and Covered Wagons
- Majestic Riverboat Reigned on the Mississippi
- Steamboats Carry Supplies
- Steamboats Travel Inland Rivers of Iowa
- Steamboat Accidents
- Stagecoach Travel
You will need a program capable of playing Microsoft Silverlight files to view this video.
Download Microsoft Silverlight for free at www.microsoft.com.
This video player uses Microsoft Silverlight.
Song: Mississippi wheel tell me how do you feel today? Slipping down the river and running on it a-okay. Now when the sun is high on a glistening day, do you listen to the birds and the bees at play? Mississippi wheel tell me how do you feel today? Mississippi wheel tell me how does it feel to know that you’ve been the home of many romantic poems, with the elegant ladies who were courted by men; bouquet flowers and the fountain pens; gamblers and ramblers with money to spend, tell me how does it feel to know that the river is home, you are the home of the carefree and the rambling soul? Carefree and the rambling soul.
Iowa Pathways: Iowa History Resources for Students and Teachers
Home ~ My Path ~ Artifacts ~ Timeline ~ Quest ~ Teacher Resources ~ Project Information ~ SponsorsIowa Pathways © 2005 - 2013 Iowa Public Television