- Grand Opera House
- Riverboat Passes Through Dubuque, 1959
- Majestic Riverboat Reigned on the Mississippi
- Jazz Band, ca. 1940
- Chautauqua Program, Clarinda, 1929
- Davenport Germans Maintained Tradition
- CY Stephens - Iowa Building of the 20th Century
You will need a program capable of playing Microsoft Silverlight files to view this video.
Download Microsoft Silverlight for free at www.microsoft.com.
Davenport Germans Maintained Tradition
This video player uses Microsoft Silverlight.
Iowa Public Television
The Germans in the Davenport area stuck close together. They continued to speak their own language and published a local German newspaper, “ Der Demokrat.” A German social organization, called Turnverein, was established. Similar to the Czech’s Sokol, the Turner Society was also both an athletic and social gathering place.
Iowa Pathways: Iowa History Resources for Students and Teachers
Home ~ My Path ~ Artifacts ~ Timeline ~ Quest ~ Teacher Resources ~ Project Information ~ SponsorsIowa Pathways © 2005 - 2014 Iowa Public Television