The following institutions provided materials and expertise supporting the project.
Iowa Pathways is an online learning environment that challenges
students to create their own story of the state as they explore the
people, places, events and ideas of Iowa. This award-winning Web site
helps students choose topics that interest them as they examine relationships
among Iowa concepts—past to present.
Many Ways to Explore
Iowa Pathways features several ways to explore Iowa history:
- Over 300 interconnected articles introduce students to the big ideas and specific topics of Iowa’s past and present. Each article is supported with images, Web links and connections to related topics. Students are challenged to think about what they are reading and why it’s relevant. Students determine their own paths as they make associations between topics.
- Search a collection of nearly 1,000 images, videos, and interactive maps
- Explore Iowa history milestones and their connections to U.S. and world events. Over 500 events in the timeline offer students opportunities to compare and contrast events across different themes and to place events in a broad context.
- Students are challenged by inquiry-based tasks as they make and interpret connections among the people, places, events and ideas of Iowa.
- Students and teachers can explore over 1,000 related links, activities and classroom resources.
To learn more about using Iowa Pathways in your classroom view Teacher Resources.
All material on the Iowa Pathways Web site is copyrighted by Iowa Public Television unless otherwise indicated. The site is intended for personal or educational use only. Any other use, including but not limited to commercial reproductions, redistribution, publication, or transmission, whether by electronic means or otherwise, without prior written permission of Iowa Public Television is strictly prohibited.
We invite your suggestions and comments regarding Iowa Pathways.
Iowa Public Television
Attn: Iowa Pathways Project
6450 Corporate Drive
P.O. Box 6450
Johnston, IA 50131
Iowa Pathways: Iowa History Resources for Students and Teachers
Home ~ My Path ~ Artifacts ~ Timeline ~ Quest ~ Teacher Resources ~ Project Information ~ SponsorsIowa Pathways © 2005 - 2016 Iowa Public Television