Celebrate & Support IPTV with Festival!
February 25, 2011
Exploring Iowa, Antiques Roadshow, Music,
Lifestyle Programs, and More During Festival, March 5-20
(Johnston, Iowa) - Iowa Public Television will invite Iowans to be more involved by showing their support for outstanding programming during Festival, March 5-20. This celebration of Iowa Public Television's best programming showcases the statewide service enjoyed by Iowans all year long.
This year, as always, IPTV will provide a unique slate of programming designed to entertain, enlighten, and inform Iowans, featuring several special guests in IPTV's studio. The complete list of programs, as well as rebroadcast times, is available here. Highlights of these programs include:
Iowa Public Television is committed to telling Iowa's stories, and Festival provides an opportunity to showcase local programming.
- On Thursday, March 10 at 8:30 p.m., Iowa's Simple Pleasures returns with more fun things for Iowans to do, see, and taste, right here at home. From exciting activities to mouth-watering food, this program showcases Iowa's treasures.
- On Monday, March 14 at 8:30 p.m., Iowa Public Television is proud to present a new, HD program celebrating Iowa's Beautiful Land. Complimented by a captivating original soundtrack, this special showcases Iowa's beauty and offers viewers a new perspective on the land just outside their front doors.
Each of these programs has substantial opportunities for interaction and feedback at www.iptv.org, including ways for viewers to provide favorite places to visit, share stories, and more.
- Dr. John La Puma shares healthy recipes that provide energy to help viewers reclaim their lives on Saturday, March 5 at noon during Eat & Cook Healthy! with Dr. John La Puma.
- At 1:30 p.m. on March 5, business trainer and bestselling author Brendon Burchard will be live at IPTV to present his program, Experts Academy with Brendon Burchard.
- The Amen Solution - Thinner, Smarter, Happier, Healthier with Dr. Daniel Amen, airing March 6 at 10 a.m., features the award-winning psychiatrist and bestselling author as he offers 10 steps to help people lose weight, boost memory, and improve performance.
- Patrick McKenna (best known as Harold on The Red Green Show) talks to researchers and ordinary people dealing with Attention Deficit Disorder during ADD and Loving IT?! Sunday, March 6 at 4 p.m.
- Financial guru Suze Orman is back with a new special, Suze Orman's Money Class, premiering Tuesday, March 8 at 6:30 p.m. In this program, Orman unveils her own new and powerful advice, updating and sometimes revising her long-held beliefs, to help viewers navigate today's unsettling economic waters.
- On Wednesday, March 9 at 6:30 p.m., Dr. Neal Barnard will be live at Iowa Public Television to help viewers reach their optimum health. In his new special, Kickstart Your Health with Dr. Neal Barnard, viewers can learn the secrets to reprogramming their bodies quickly to get their bodies on track to better health fast.
- In Dr. Wayne Dyer: Excuses Begone!, Dr. Dyer's goal is simple, though not easy: to help viewers learn how to overcome lifetime thinking habits that keep them from maximizing their human potential. Tune in on Sunday, March 13 at 10 a.m. for this new special.
- The practice of yoga can help relief arthritis pain, as demonstrated in Easy Yoga for Arthritis with Peggy Cappy, airing Sunday, March 13 at 1 p.m.
- Nutritionist Brenda Watson returns to Iowa Public Television to present her new special, The Road to Perfect Health with Brenda Watson, Tuesday, March 15 at 6:30 p.m. Watson explains how all health ailments are linked to an imbalance in the digestive system.
- John and Danita Thomas return to Iowa Public Television to present Kid Concoctions II, a program that helps families create fun crafts and activities together. The program will air for the first time this year on Saturday, March 5 at 10 a.m.
- Saturday, March 5 at 3 p.m., Love of Quilting with Marianne Fons will return with new episodes of the popular series.
- Red Green Live...Again! airs Saturday, March 5 at 9 p.m., featuring laughter and fun from the guys in Possum Lodge, and the opportunity for viewers to see Red Green in person at an upcoming Iowa show.
- British Comedy fans will want to join us at 10 p.m. on Sunday, March 6 for Behind the Britcoms: From Script to Screen. This special goes behind the scenes to reveal how the Britcoms' hilarious scripts came to be.
- Doctor Who: The End of Time, Part Two airs Saturday, March 12 at 10:30 p.m., and fans will have the chance to support this program on Iowa Public Television.
There will be plenty of great music on IPTV during Festival. For a complete listing and rebroadcast times, visit www.iptv.org. Highlights include:
- The Gospel Music of the Statler Brothers - Saturday, March 5 at 5 p.m.
- The Weavers: Wasn't That a Time! - Sunday, March 6 at noon
- Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Concert at the O2 - Sunday, March 6 at 6 p.m.
- Great Performances: The Hitman Returns: David Foster and Friends - Tuesday, March 8 at 8:30 p.m.
- Magic Moments: The Best of '50s Pop - Wednesday, March 9 at 8 p.m.
- Great Performances: Billy Joel Live at Shea Stadium - Wednesday, March 9 at 10 p.m.
- American Masters: Troubadours Carole King and James Taylor - Thursday, March 10 at 9:30 p.m.
- Celtic Woman: Songs from the Heart - Saturday, March 12 at 4:30 p.m.
- The Big Band Years - Sunday, March 13 at 2 p.m.
- Rock, Pop and Doo Wop - Sunday, March 13 at 6 p.m.
- John Sebastian Presents: Folk Rewind - Sunday, March 13 at 8 p.m.
- Ed Sullivan's Rock and Roll Classics - The '60s - Sunday, March 13 at 10 p.m.
- Daniel O'Donnell Show - Thursday, March 17 at 6:30 p.m.
Collectibles and Antiques
- On March 7 at 6:30 p.m., Blenko: The Spirit of American Stained Glass returns to examine the influence Blenko glass has had on American stained glass and art glass. Walter Blenko will be in IPTV's studio to help present this program and discuss the company's glass creations.
- Also on March 7, at 8:30 p.m., Antiques Roadshow in Iowa makes its debut, with a behind-the-scenes look at last August's Des Moines taping.
To request a copy of our Festival Advance program guide, either visit our website or call IPTV at 800-728-2828.