Be more involved with our December Celebration
November 21, 2007
* PHOTOS AVAILABLE – PLEASE CONTACT IPTV AT (515) 242-3146 *
IOWA PUBLIC TELEVISION SHOWCASES QUALITY PROGRAMMING WITH “DECEMBER CELEBRATION” NOVEMBER 28 – DECEMBER 2 AND DECEMBER 9
(Johnston, Iowa) – Iowans who enjoy Iowa Public Television’s lifestyle programs, music programming, travel programs, and wrestling coverage will find something to love during the statewide network’s “December Celebration” November 28 – December 2 and December 9.
During these special days, viewers have the opportunity to support the programming and services they enjoy all year long. December Celebration will also feature new specials, in-studio celebrity guests, and classic favorites. Terri Hale, Todd Mundt, and other familiar faces will host an exciting and varied lineup of programs including:
Wednesday, November 28
- 8 p.m. Great Performances: Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival Chicago. Clapton and the world’s leading guitar gurus return to the stage for a new gathering in Chicago.
Thursday, November 29
- 6:30 p.m. Iowa Places of Worship explores sacred sites around the state. Whether they’re one-of-a-kind or reflect their times, these places shed light on Iowans’ history.
- 7:30 p.m. Johnny Cash: A Man and His Vision is a musical and narrative overview of one of the most innovative variety shows in history.
- 8:30 p.m. Daniel O’Donnell: Can You Feel the Love. This special features Daniel O’Donnell performing love songs and original pieces. He is joined on stage by Mary Duff and his wife Majella O’Donnell. Tickets to a live performance are available as a thank-you gift for pledging.
- 10:30 p.m. Suze Orman: Women & Money. The New York Times bestselling author, financial expert and two-time Emmy winner, returns to discuss financial issues and to inspire women to take charge of their financial futures.
Friday, November 30
- 8 p.m. Bill Moyers Journal: Buying the War explores how and why the coverage of the invasion and war in Iraq went mostly unchallenged by the media.
- 10 p.m. Red Dwarf Marathon. Tune in for three episodes of this popular British comedy.
Saturday, December 1
- 6:30 a.m. Kid Concoctions II features John and Danita Thomas with more easy-to-create formulas for hours of creative fun.
- 8:35 a.m. Rick Steves’ European Christmas explores the rich history and traditions of the holiday, visiting six European countries.
- 10:35 a.m. Greatest Kid Concoctions John and Danita Thomas will be live from IPTV to present their newest program, which teaches wacky formulas for creating commercial-quality toys.
- 12:30 p.m. Good Night with the Sleep Doctor Michael Breus, Ph.D. Live from IPTV Dr. Michael Breus discusses people’s sleeping patterns and lifestyles.
- 2:30 p.m. Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting, tune in for three new episodes with Marianne Fons live from IPTV.
- 4:30 p.m. Iowa Place of Worship explores sacred sites around the state. Whether they’re one-of-a-kind or reflect their times, these places shed light on Iowans’ history.
- 5:30 p.m. Lawrence Welk: God Bless America marks the 100th birthday of Lawrence Welk and looks at the nation’s history through the eyes and experiences of the famous bandleader. Mary Lou Metzger will be live from IPTV to present this patriotic special.
- 8 p.m. Life Lessons from Onslow: A “Keeping Up Appearances” Special, Geoffrey Hughes reprises his celebrated role as Onslow and makes a live appearance from IPTV’s studios. In this program he teaches a telecourse on the subject of relationships.
- 10 p.m. Doo Wop’s Love Songs, America’s favorite malt shop memories are back with this doo wop collection for lovers only.
Sunday, December 2
- 5 a.m. Rick Steves’ European Christmas explores the rich history and traditions of the holiday, visiting six European countries.
- 5:30 a.m. Good Night with the Sleep Doctor Michael Breus, Ph.D. Watch as Dr. Michael Breus discusses people’s sleeping patterns and lifestyles.
- 7:30 a.m. Greatest Kid Concoctions John and Danita Thomas teach wacky formulas for creating commercial-quality toys.
- 9:30 a.m. Suze Orman: Women & Money the New York Times bestselling author, financial expert and two-time Emmy winner, returns to discuss financial issues and inspire women to take charge of their financial futures.
- 11:30 a.m. Carreras, Domingo & Pavarotti in Concert. Recorded at the Terme di Caracalla in Rome, this performance features the Three Tenors.
- 1:30 p.m. Celtic Woman: A Christmas Celebration featuring popular classics.
- 3 p.m. Northern Lights: An Evening with Sissel and Friends features popular Norwegian vocalist Sissel performing with Jose Carreras in an elegant evening of holiday music.
- 4:30 p.m. Tonic Sol-fa Christmas highlights Tonic Sol-fa’s humor and musicianship as they perform holiday songs. Tickets to a live performance are available as a thank you gift for pledging.
- 6 p.m. Great Performances: Vivere: Andrea Bocelli Live in Tuscany. Superstar Andrea Bocelli returns to his native Italy for a concert of his greatest hits and debuts new songs.
- 8 p.m. Daniel O’Donnell: Can You Feel the Love features Daniel O’Donnell performing love songs and original pieces. He is joined on stage by Mary Duff and his wife Majella O’Donnell. Tickets to a live performance are available as a thank-you gift for pledging.
- 10 p.m. American Soundtrack: Doo Wop’s Best on PBS features memorable full-length performances from Doo Wop 50, Doo Wop 51 and Rock, Rhythm and Doo Wop.
Sunday, December 9
- At 2 p.m. College Wrestling coverage begins on Iowa Public Television with live wrestling action from Ames as the Iowa Hawkeyes take on the Iowa State Cyclones.
- 4:30 p.m. Christmas at Luther 2005 features the performance of 600 musicians from Luther College’s vocal music groups and instrumental ensembles.
- 5:30 p.m. Christmas with Wartburg 2007 highlights more than 300 students performing in a concert featuring a guest appearance from Dr. Simon Estes, world-renowned opera star and Wartburg professor.
For more information about IPTV’s “December Celebration” call 515-242-3146.
Iowa Public Television is Iowa's statewide public broadcasting network. IPTV provides quality, noncommercial programming to make a difference in the lives of Iowans. As one of the last locally-controlled media enterprises in the state, IPTV is committed to telling Iowa's stories like no one else can. Our mission to educate, inform, enrich, and inspire Iowans enables IPTV to present an unequaled array of programs of lasting value to Iowans regardless of where they live or what they can afford. More than one million viewers a week turn to IPTV for programming that reflects a range of interests for Iowans in all demographic categories. Iowa Public Television stations include: Channel 11, Des Moines; Channel 12, Iowa City; Channel 21, Fort Dodge; Channel 24, Mason City; Channel 27, Sioux City; Channel 32, Waterloo; Channel 32, Council Bluffs; Channel 36, Davenport; Channel 36, Red Oak. IPTV-Digital stations include: Channel 11.1, Des Moines; Channel 12.1, Iowa City; Channel 21.1, Fort Dodge; Channel 24.1, Mason City; Channel 27.1, Sioux City; Channel 32.1, Waterloo; Channel 32.1, Council Bluffs; Channel 36.1, Red Oak; Channel 36.1, Davenport (coming soon).
For immediate release:
November 21, 2007
For information contact:
Jennifer Glover Konfrst, 515-242-3146