Educational TV Schedule: Saturday, January 5, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 2:00 AM
- Write in the Middle: A... - In this program, participants see how five middle-level teachers use both formal and informal student/teacher...
- 5:00 AM
- Signing Time! - The Signing Time gang hops on the zoo train to learn new signs for their animal friends at the zoo.
- 5:28 AM
- Signing Time! - Signs for waking up, getting dressed, playtime, bedtime and things kids do every day are shared.
- 7:30 AM
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - T-Bone decides to toughen up. Charley gets a new telescope but doesn't bring it to Emily's party.
- 12:30 PM
- Growing a Greener World - A group of young gardeners travel the country teaching edible gardening with sustainable practices.