Educational TV Schedule: Saturday, January 12, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 2:00 AM
- Write in the Middle: A... - Throughout the writing process, peer response can help adolescents develop as thinkers and writers. In this program,...
- 5:00 AM
- Signing Time! - Signs for common neighborhood places include the park, the store, the post office and the library.
- 5:28 AM
- Signing Time! - Alex, Leah and Hopkins go to school and learn signs for everything in a classroom.
- 7:30 AM
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - The dogs mistakenly think that T-Bone is moving away. The dogs try to get rid of a new cat.
- 12:30 PM
- Growing a Greener World - A behind the scenes look at how the show is made reveals how we chose our topics and locations.