Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, January 13, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:00 AM
- NOVA - Geneticists explore what happened when the first humans encountered Neanderthals 60,000 years ago.
- 1:00 AM
- Nature - The rise in tourism may greatly affect the small island's stunning biodiversity and wild landscapes.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca and Alberto meet Alberto's family, the Mendozas, who are now close to retiring from their family...
- 3:26 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca gets a full-time job at Alex's after-school program. Alberto sends flowers and asks her to a gallery...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - Topics in geology, astronomy, and meteorology, including earthquakes, how the Earth was formed, natural cycles, and...
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - This episode defines an element, illustrates some chemical reactions, and explores practical applications of...
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - Explores the physics involved in roller coasters, space flight, sound, electricity, and MRI technology.
- 5:26 AM
- GED Connection - This program gives valuable advice on what to expect from and how to prepare for the GED math test, including...
- 7:00 AM
- Curious George - Steve's pet hamster is on the loose in the city streets with a small video camera tied to his back.
- 7:30 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - The kids are painting a picture of a rainbow and get help from color expert King Kaleidoscope.
- 8:00 AM
- Super Why! - The gang shrinks down to the size of ants to help teeny tiny Thumbelina find her missing brother.
- 8:30 AM
- Dinosaur Train - Buddy and Tiny meet a shy dinosaur, Leslie Lesothosaurus, who is very good at hiding.
- 9:00 AM
- WordGirl - Someone sinister has taken control of Tobey's robots. The Whammer joins a motivational help program.
- 9:30 AM
- Wild Kratts - A Creature Power Suit malfunction transforms Martin into an acorn and grows him into an Oak tree!
- 10:00 AM
- Wild Kratts - The team challenges the Kratt brothers to find a Peregrine falcon in the city instead of the wild.
- 11:00 PM
- POV - Journalists at a Tijuana-based newsweekly stubbornly ply their trade as the drug war intensifies.