Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, January 20, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:00 AM
- NOVA - Preserved bones of mammoths, mastodons and other giant extinct beasts are uncovered in the Rockies.
- 1:00 AM
- Nature - Discover how koalas survive and thrive on a diet poisonous to almost all other herbivorous mammals.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Ramon and Rebecca have a nice chat at a picnic for the after-school program but are interrupted when some...
- 3:27 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Vincent's parents stand firm in their decision not to let him return to the program. Rebecca wants to give...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - Explores the language of math and how you can use logic and common sense to make number problems more manageable.
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - Students are presented with a process for solving basic math and word problems, either single- or multi-step.
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - Reviews how to read decimal numbers, calculate with them, and solve everyday problems involving decimals.
- 5:28 AM
- GED Connection - What fractions represent, how to judge the relative sizes of different fractions, calculating with them, and solving...
- 7:00 AM
- Curious George - But where others see trash, George sees treasures hidden in alleys, sidewalk, and recycling bins.
- 7:30 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - It's Valentine's Day and Nick and Sally disagree hotly on how to decorate the card they're making.
- 8:00 AM
- Super Why! - The team visits a man who is as protective of his special eggs as Red is of her delicious apples.
- 8:30 AM
- Dinosaur Train - Buddy and Tiny venture off to find a member of the first species of dinosaur that ever lived.
- 9:00 AM
- WordGirl - Chuck is tired of the same old sandwich-related crimes so he develops a ferocious new identity.
- 9:30 AM
- Wild Kratts - When Martin and Chris find a cheetah cub and its mom, Donita Donata cat-naps the startled mom.
- 10:00 AM
- Wild Kratts - Chris and Martin learn about an African Crested Porcupine while collecting quills for a necklace.
- 11:00 PM
- Independent Lens - The benefits and consequences of the African American traditional soul food diet are examined.