Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, January 27, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 1:00 AM
- Nature - David Attenborough reflects on memorable wildlife footage, including catching a komodo dragon.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Alex reacts badly to the news that he may have to go to Los Angeles. Alberto brings Rebecca to the retirement...
- 3:28 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1 offers a review of the storyline so far. Grammar lessons: used to: affirmative and negative statements; drawing...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - This program explores how and why people use ratios, proportions, and percentages to compare numbers and solve problems.
- 4:28 AM
- GED Connection - This episode addresses a variety of uses for measurement, how to calculate in the English and metric systems, and...
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - This episode shows how people use formulas in some practical situations and reviews commonly used formulas.
- 5:29 AM
- GED Connection - This episode reviews geometry terms, basic properties of angles and triangles, and methods for solving a variety of...
- 7:00 AM
- Curious George - George dreams that he and Gnocchi are chasing the germs that are giving him a cold out of his body.
- 7:30 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - The kids shrink down in the Thingamajigger and meet the toughest animal, Wally the Waterbear.
- 8:00 AM
- Super Why! - Whyatt learns the importance of telling the truth and meets a boy whose nose grows when he fibs.
- 8:30 AM
- Dinosaur Train - Buddy, Tiny and Don head to the thicket to ask a Therizinosaurus family about their colossal claws.
- 9:00 AM
- WordGirl - WordGirl may miss a ride on a roller coaster in order to stop the Whammer from destroying the park.
- 9:30 AM
- Wild Kratts - Martin and Chris are on a mission to uncover the secret life of the mysterious Great White Shark.
- 10:00 AM
- Wild Kratts - The Kratt brothers' sub loses power and they are trapped on the ocean floor of the deep sea.
- 11:00 PM
- Independent Lens - Tennessean commercial artist Wayne White struggles to find a balance between his work and his art.