Educational TV Schedule: Saturday, February 2, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 2:00 AM
- Developing Writers: A Workshop... - What kind of atmosphere do students need to grow as writers? This session concentrates on the 'hows' and 'whys' that...
- 5:00 AM
- Signing Time! - Rachel, Alex, Leah and Hopkins teach the signs for colors like pink, orange, purple and green.
- 5:28 AM
- Signing Time! - Alex, Leah, Hopkins and Rachel take a singing and signing tour of the rooms and objects in a house.
- 7:30 AM
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - The gang must convince Mr. Bleakman to have some fun. Emily writes a poem for her Mom's birthday.
- 12:00 PM
- Iowa Outdoors
- 12:30 PM
- Growing a Greener World - Get a hands-on lesson in saving seeds and learn how to preserve the integrity of organic seedstock.