Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, February 3, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:00 AM
- NOVA - Forensic techniques are used to find out what really happened to Charles Lindbergh's baby in 1932.
- 1:00 AM
- Nature - David Attenborough reflects on the scientists and the breakthroughs that helped shape his career.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca and Kevin call a priest and their father's estranged brother, Brendan, who lives in Illinois. Father...
- 3:26 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- The funeral is held, and the Boston fire department presents Rebecca with her father's helmet. Matt and...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - Defines mean, median, and mode and shows how to organize data on charts and graphs and analyze statistical trends.
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - This episode shows how statistics are gathered and used and explores the basics of chance and probability.
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - Explores basic algebraic concepts and properties and shows how to write and solve equations.
- 5:26 AM
- GED Connection - This program explores patterns in math and in the real world and shows how mathematical relationships can be plotted...
- 7:00 AM
- Curious George - After an otter swims away with Mr. Quint's boat keys, George is stranded and tries to retrieve them.
- 7:30 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - Matilda the Manatee and her son Marlin teach Nick and Sally how to swim slowly and gracefully.
- 8:00 AM
- Super Why! - The Super Readers explore ancient Egypt and help Naila unravel a mysterious code to find a treasure.
- 8:30 AM
- Dinosaur Train - Shiny gets over her fear of snakes when she meets a Sanajeh, a huge Cretaceous snake.
- 9:00 AM
- WordGirl - Everyone in town loves the new Walk and Talk WordGirl doll, but it misuses and misspells words!
- 9:30 AM
- Wild Kratts - A miniaturized Chris gets covered with pollen and ends up sticking to a bee.
- 10:00 AM
- Wild Kratts - The gang uses a Miniaturizer to shrink down and learn how a Gecko lizard climbs up smooth surfaces.
- 11:00 PM
- Independent Lens - Once a decade, the Texas State Board of Education rewrites textbook standards for school children.