Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, February 10, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:30 AM
- Iowa Outdoors - Discover iceboating on Clear Lake, the work of photographer Kip Ladage, how American eagles are catching the...
- 1:00 AM
- Nature - David Attenborough looks at the impact human beings have had on the natural world in his lifetime.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca and Kevin find a key to a safe deposit box containing family treasures and substantial amounts in...
- 3:26 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Kevin and his old girlfriend talk about his plans for the future. When he returns home, Brendan, Anne, and...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - An overview of the GED test and how this series and its accompanying workbooks and online lessons can help adults...
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - This program provides advice on how to prepare for the GED writing test, with sample test questions.
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - Successful writers and adult learners share ideas on how to get started writing.
- 5:26 AM
- GED Connection - This episode outlines a three-step writing process: generating ideas, writing a rough draft, and revising/editing.
- 7:00 AM
- Curious George - George's canine friend Blaze runs away from the firehouse. George and Sam put a tag on her collar.
- 7:30 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - Nick and Sally meet Aurilia the Angler fish who guides them to the very bottom of the ocean floor.
- 8:00 AM
- Super Why! - The Super Readers explore the Old West and meet a cowpoke named Jasper who wants to be a cowboy.
- 8:30 AM
- Dinosaur Train - Tiny wants to gather all the dinosaurs in the "Dinosaurs A to Z" song for a picnic at Troodon Town.
- 9:00 AM
- WordGirl - WordGirl must escape the grips of Mr. Big's remote control in order to save the city.
- 9:30 AM
- Wild Kratts - Chris and Martin learn about the endangered Orangutan in the deep forests of Borneo.
- 10:00 AM
- Wild Kratts - The Kratts are on a mission to decode the secret language of one of the smartest animals, Dolphins!
- 2:00 PM
- Prohibition - In the mid-1800s, alcohol abuse is wreaking havoc on American families, and new groups — the Woman’s Christian...
- 4:00 PM
- Prohibition - In 1920, Prohibition goes into effect and millions of law-abiding Americans become lawbreakers overnight. Drys had...
- 11:00 PM
- Independent Lens - The impact of the economic crisis on the people of Janesville, Wisconsin is explored.