Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, February 17, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:00 AM
- NOVA - NOVA takes data from earth-observing satellites and transforms it into dazzling visual sequences.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca and Kevin help Sandy move out. Jack tries to stop them, but the police arrive and arrest him. Kevin...
- 3:26 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca and Kevin enjoy Thanksgiving at Uncle Brendan's. Rebecca finally learns the source of Brendan's...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - Experienced writers offer useful organizing techniques.
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - Purpose and audience affect how authors compose various kinds of written pieces.
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - This episode explains how to write complete and correct sentences and how to correct and improve problem sentences.
- 5:26 AM
- GED Connection - This episode reviews typical grammar and usage problems writers encounter.
- 7:00 AM
- Curious George - George leans to ski, snowshoe and sled in a blizzard and works at the grocery store to earn money.
- 7:30 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - The Cat's friend Minnie Meerkat teaches Sally and Nick all about camping safe in Peekaboo Plains.
- 8:00 AM
- Super Why! - The Super Readers fly into the story of a princess with a silly sense of humor and a big job to do.
- 8:30 AM
- Dinosaur Train - The family visit Quetzalcoatlus Canyon, where Mr. Pteranodon flew when he was younger.
- 9:00 AM
- WordGirl - Chuck's dream of legitimately selling grilled cheese sandwiches may be foiled by Dr. Two-Brains.
- 9:30 AM
- Wild Kratts - Chris and Martin try to help a lion named "He who breathes fire" get back to his pride.
- 10:00 AM
- Wild Kratts - The evil chef Gaston Gourmand has captured raptors in his quest to find the tastiest bird wing.
- 1:00 PM
- Freedom Riders: American Experience - Chronicles the journey of the courageous band of civil-rights activists in the Deep South in 1961.
- 4:00 PM
- Prohibition - Gangsters make huge profits and wreak havoc in cities across the country. By the late 1920s, many Americans...
- 11:00 PM
- Half the Sky: Turning... - Investigate gender-based violence in Sierra Leone, a country where most of the assaults and rapes go unreported. In...