Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, February 24, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:00 AM
- NOVA - NOVA correspondent Miles O'Brien investigates new theories about what compels rampage killers.
- 1:00 AM
- Nature - A look at one of the most intelligent animals features captivating new footage and crow experts.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca meets with her advisor to talk about catching up in her studies. Alberto shows up and invites her to...
- 3:26 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Ramon sends Alex to Los Angeles for Christmas. Vincent Wang considers a job offer in Taiwan. Ramon visits...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - This episode provides tips on how to improve your writing mechanics.
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - GED graduates describe test day and provide tips on writing the GED essay.
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - This episode reviews the skills required, the subjects covered, and the kinds of questions included on the GED reading...
- 5:26 AM
- GED Connection - This episode explores three kinds of nonfiction writing: informational, opinion, and memoir, and illustrates how to...
- 7:00 AM
- Curious George - George learns about bidding when he bids on elephant mittens at the Corn Roast and Attic Auction.
- 7:30 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - With a shrunken Thingamajigger the kids go inside a bean and meet the moth larvae that lives there.
- 9:00 AM
- WordGirl - The Birthday Girl steals Pretty Princess figurines and convinces the Police that WordGirl did it.
- 9:30 AM
- Wild Kratts - The Wild Kratts accidentally lose some Hispid hares in a wintery North American forest.
- 10:00 AM
- Wild Kratts - A mischievous giraffe secretly takes Creature Power Suit parts and supplies from the Tortuga.
- 1:00 PM
- Great Performances at the Met - Semyon Bychkov conducts Verdi's opera, with Renee Fleming as Desdemona and Johan Botha as Otello.
- 4:30 PM
- Lost in History: Alexander Clark - Despite his court victory that desegregated schools in the 1860s, his prominent anti-slavery role, his recruitment of...
- 11:00 PM
- Independent Lens - The controversial civil rights era leader and former head of the National Urban League is profiled.