Educational TV Schedule: Saturday, March 9, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 2:00 AM
- Developing Writers: A Workshop... - What can young writers learn from those who make their living through writing? Educators, researchers, and noted...
- 5:00 AM
- Growing Up: A Guide to Middle... - Using dramatic scenarios as well as first person experiences, this program explores the positive and negative sides...
- 5:19 AM
- Growing Up: A Guide to Middle... - This timely video follows multiple storylines to deliver the message that bullying can have enormous and tragic...
- 5:38 AM
- Growing Up: A Guide to Middle... - This program uses dramatic, thought-provoking interviews with real teenagers to demonstrate that, although it is...
- 10:46 AM
- Iowa Outdoors - The best of three seasons showcasing Iowa's outdoor recreation, wildlife, and natural environments