Educational TV Schedule: Friday, March 15, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 2:00 AM
- 19th Century Turning Points... - Volume 1: 1800-1813 1800 – Washington DC Becomes The Nation’s Capital 1803 – The Louisiana Purchase 1804 – Lewis...
- 2:30 AM
- 19th Century Turning Points... - Volume 2: 1814-1826 1814 – Washington DC Is Captured And Burned By The British 1814 – Star Spangled Banner Is...
- 3:00 AM
- Bridging World History - From World Cup soccer to Coca Cola, modern icons reflect the intertwined cultural, political, and commercial...
- 3:30 AM
- Bridging World History - How have global forces redefined both individual and group identity in the modern world? This unit examines the...
- 4:00 AM
- The Power of Place: Geography... - 'Singapore: Gateway to Southeast Asia'--High-tech infrastructure, a well-educated workforce and strict government...
- 4:44 AM
- Assignment: The World
- 5:00 AM
- Biz Kid$ - Explore the different elements of a business plan and meet a teen who opened a snow-cone shack.
- 5:29 AM
- Bill Nye the Science Guy:... - What's the 'big' deal about atoms? They're too small to see with our eyes, so what good are they? Bill explains how...
- 6:30 AM
- Martha Speaks - When Kit leaves her dog to travel with an acting troupe, Martha and actor Ham Johnson hatch a plan.
- 6:59 AM
- Curious George - George brings some new toys in the tub and a few of them spiral down the drain, causing a clog.
- 7:37 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - The kids jump into the Thingamajigger and shrink down to visit fireflies that live in the backyard.
- 8:17 AM
- Super Why! - A young prince must race to find a magic carpet. The only problem is he doesn't think he can do it!
- 11:00 AM
- WordWorld - Dog and Duck learn they can use the letter H to make hotdogs, hats, hula-hoops and a great party.
- 12:00 PM
- Caillou - When Mommy gets a new pair of specs, Caillou wants glasses too so he pretends he has bad vision.
- 1:00 PM
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - Jetta learns to be a team player when putting on a carnival. Cousin Laura and Rex come to visit.
- 2:00 PM
- Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman - The kids build a foolproof structure that can protect a tortilla chip and Grandma Ruffman's cake.
- 2:30 PM
- The Electric Company - Hector sprains his ankle and can't compete in the Wordball Games, the neighborhood Olympics.
- 3:00 PM
- Arthur - The Tibble Twins sell pre-school art masterpieces. Arthur and Binky find a secret spot in the woods.