Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, March 17, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:36 AM
- NOVA - What will it mean when most of us can have the information in our DNA available for analysis?
- 1:02 AM
- Nature - The 2009 bush fires in the Australian state of Victoria in incinerated over a million acres of land.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1 finds Rebecca applying to music schools. Her father, a widowed, disabled firefighter, worries that she is...
- 3:26 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Kevin graduates from high school, and Rebecca is accepted into the San Francisco College of Music. After...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - Explores the relevance of geography--from the impact of humans on the environment to how places and regions define our...
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - Provides an overview of the GED science test with sample questions and an explanation of the scientific method.
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - A variety of life science topics are explored--from basic biology to genetics to ecosystems.
- 5:26 AM
- GED Connection - Topics in geology, astronomy, and meteorology, including earthquakes, how the Earth was formed, natural cycles, and...