Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, March 31, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:00 AM
- NOVA - Enter the world of weird, extreme chemistry on a quest to unlock the secrets of the elements.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- The car repairs will cost $800 so Rebecca sells the car to the garage for $550 and plans to take the bus all...
- 3:29 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca arrives in San Francisco, and is surprised to discover that her godmother Nancy keeps other boarders...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - Students are presented with a process for solving basic math and word problems, either single- or multi-step.
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - Reviews how to read decimal numbers, calculate with them, and solve everyday problems involving decimals.
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - What fractions represent, how to judge the relative sizes of different fractions, calculating with them, and solving...
- 5:26 AM
- GED Connection - This program explores how and why people use ratios, proportions, and percentages to compare numbers and solve problems.
- 7:00 AM
- Curious George - George delivers food supplies to a space station & tries to keep the trains running smoothly.
- 7:30 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - The kids visit Jumpalaroo to learn how to jump from grasshoppers, a kangaroo and even a flea!
- 8:00 AM
- Super Why! - The Super Readers help a brave little penguin save his beloved town from the evil Squirmy Germies.
- 8:30 AM
- Dinosaur Train - Maisie and Marvin Mosasaurus, two fast lizards with flippers, show the family how they catch fish.
- 9:00 AM
- WordGirl - The Learnerer uses Amazing Rope Guy to learn how to be an efficient criminal.
- 9:30 AM
- Wild Kratts - Martin and Chris decide to have a contest to decide what's stronger, an elephant or a rhino powers.
- 10:00 AM
- Wild Kratts - When Chris and Martin meet up with a mob of Red kangaroos, they get their car keys stolen by a joey.
- 11:00 PM
- POV - A look at the modeling industry focuses on an American model scout and a 13-year-old Siberian girl.