Ask This Old House
At the Ask This Old House loft, general contractor Tom Silva shows host Steve Thomas how to cut wooden bung holes and install them in decking. Painter Jim Clark visits a homeowner to demonstrate why the new paint in her bathroom is cracking and peeling. Back in the barn loft, the Ask This Old House crew examines two unfamiliar objects while trying to guess what they're used for, and plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey then describes different types of plumbing torches. To wrap-up, Tom rings the doorbell of a young couple in need of a House call to help them build an attractive outdoor lattice.
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: Host Kevin O'Connor, general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, landscape contractor Roger Cook and guest experts make personal HOUSE calls, guiding viewers through home improvement techniques.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Sat, August 30, 2:30 PM on IPTV
These episodes of Ask This Old House aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Starting Plants from Seed/Building a Moveable Kitchen Island (#1219)
- Building a High Tunnel Greenhouse in Mississippi/Converting Recessed Lights into Pendants (#1217)
- Installing A Clawfoot Tub with Shower/Installing a Permanent Fire Escape Ladder in a Bedroom (#1216)
- Fitting A Mattress Up A Narrow Staircase/Repairing a Light-Switch in Seattle (#1215)
- Repairing A Rotted Porch Post/Dealing with High Indoor Humidity (#1214)
- Installing a Whole-House Humidifier in North Carolina/Installing Hardwired Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors (#1212)
- Installing an Irrigation System in New Mexico/Installing a Heat-Pump Water Heater (#1210)
- Demonstrating Uses for a Router/Replacing An Air Conditioning Unit (#1209)
- Preparing for Severe Weather (#1208)
- Planting A Maple Tree/Working On An Underground Bathroom (#1207)
- Replacing A Leaky Skylight/Repairing A Noisy Toilet (#1206)
- Installing A Shade Sail Over A Deck In Santa Fe/Installing a Hybrid Water Heater to Save Energy (#1205)
- Installing a Pre-hung Front Door/Using Big Containers for Screening and Shading (#1204)
- Replacing a Kitchen Faucet with a Hands-Free Model/Installing a Channel Drain to Divert Rainwater (#1203)
- Building A Garden Bed In New Mexico/Repairing A Leaky Toliet (#1202)
- Replacing An Old Door/Hot Water Without Waiting (#1201)
- All About Kitchen Renovations/Chef Michael Symon (#1226)
- Replacing Outdated Fluorescent Under Cabinet Lights/Working With Concrete (#1225)
- Making a Home Accessible/Modifying a Bathroom and Dangerous (#1224)
- Building A Simple Table/Getting Rid of Tree Stumps (#1223)
- Celebrating 300 Episodes (#1222)
- Patching A Hole In Baseboard/Maintaining A Lawn Mower (#1221)