Ask This Old House
Landscape contractor Roger Cook helps Cambridge, Massachusetts, homeowner Rob Faris install a backyard drywell to handle the torrent of the rainfall from his roof gutters. Back in the loft, Roger, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, general contractor Tom Silva and host Kevin O'Connor try to guess quirky objects during a " What is it?" segment. Then Tom makes a House call to Newton, Massachusetts, and shows homeowners Sal and Joanne Scarpato how to install a safety grab bar in their bathtub. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: Host Kevin O'Connor, general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, landscape contractor Roger Cook and guest experts make personal HOUSE calls, guiding viewers through home improvement techniques.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Ask This Old House aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- All About Kitchen Renovations/Chef Michael Symon (#1226)
- Replacing Outdated Fluorescent Under Cabinet Lights/Working With Concrete (#1225)
- Making a Home Accessible/Modifying a Bathroom and Dangerous (#1224)
- Building A Simple Table/Getting Rid of Tree Stumps (#1223)
- Planting a Low-Cost Privacy Screen/Sealing Ductwork from the Inside (#1220)
- Starting Plants from Seed/Building a Moveable Kitchen Island (#1219)
- Building a High Tunnel Greenhouse in Mississippi/Converting Recessed Lights into Pendants (#1217)
- Installing A Clawfoot Tub with Shower/Installing a Permanent Fire Escape Ladder in a Bedroom (#1216)
- Fitting A Mattress Up A Narrow Staircase/Repairing a Light-Switch in Seattle (#1215)
- Repairing A Rotted Porch Post/Dealing with High Indoor Humidity (#1214)
- Installing a Whole-House Humidifier in North Carolina/Installing Hardwired Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors (#1212)
- Installing an Irrigation System in New Mexico/Installing a Heat-Pump Water Heater (#1210)
- Demonstrating Uses for a Router/Replacing An Air Conditioning Unit (#1209)
- Preparing for Severe Weather (#1208)
- Planting A Maple Tree/Working On An Underground Bathroom (#1207)
- Replacing A Leaky Skylight/Repairing A Noisy Toilet (#1206)
- Installing A Shade Sail Over A Deck In Santa Fe/Installing a Hybrid Water Heater to Save Energy (#1205)
- Installing a Pre-hung Front Door/Using Big Containers for Screening and Shading (#1204)