Ask This Old House
General contractor Tom Silva helps homeowners John and Mary Kiley in Westwood, Massachusetts replace the wall-to-wall carpeting in their son's bedroom with a cost effective pre-finished hardwood floor. Back in the loft, Tom explains the pros and cons of different types of floors, including pre-finished engineered floors, laminates, and hardwoods. Then, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey heads to Minneapolis, Minnesota, to help homeowner Anne McCandless replace a rusty bathroom sink stopper. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: Host Kevin O'Connor, general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, landscape contractor Roger Cook and guest experts make personal HOUSE calls, guiding viewers through home improvement techniques.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Ask This Old House aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Episode #1312
- Episode #1311
- Episode #1310
- Episode #1309
- Episode #1308
- Episode #1307
- Episode #1306
- Episode #1305
- Episode #1304
- Episode #1303
- Episode #1302
- Episode #1301
- All About Kitchen Renovations/Chef Michael Symon (#1226)
- Replacing Outdated Fluorescent Under Cabinet Lights/Working With Concrete (#1225)
- Making a Home Accessible/Modifying a Bathroom and Dangerous (#1224)
- Building A Simple Table/Getting Rid of Tree Stumps (#1223)
- Planting a Low-Cost Privacy Screen/Sealing Ductwork from the Inside (#1220)