Ask This Old House
In the barn loft, plumbing and heating expert Rich Trethewey "clears up" the mysteries of clogged bathtub drains. Then, general contractor Tom Silva helps Marblehead, Massachusetts homeowner Terry Lavelle replace his double-hung window weights with spring loaded sash balancers. Afterwards, Tom shows host Kevin O'Connor how to insulate the empty window weight pockets to prevent cold winter drafts. Then Tom, Rich, and Kevin, along with landscaping contractor Roger Cook ask, "What is it?" Finally, Roger helps a very thoughtful tenant, Brett Campbell of Arlington, Massachusetts, plant a low-maintenance garden for his elderly landlady. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: Host Kevin O'Connor, general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, landscape contractor Roger Cook and guest experts make personal HOUSE calls, guiding viewers through home improvement techniques.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Ask This Old House aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Exterior Lighting Install/Main Water Shutoff Replacement (#1321)
- Lightning Protection/Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Install (#1320)
- Ceiling Fan Replacement/Bonsai Tree (#1319)
- Entry Shelf Build/Rough Electric Install (#1318)
- Episode #1308
- Episode #1307
- Episode #1306
- Episode #1305
- Episode #1304
- Episode #1303
- Episode #1302
- Episode #1301
- Smart Thermostat Install/Barn Solar Install (#1326)
- Electrical Vehicle Charger Install/Kitchen Sink Install (#1325)
- Maine Tropical Houseplants/USA Flag Build (#1324)
- Noisy Baseboard Heating Fix/Recessed Kitchen Lighting Install (#1323)
- Mailbox Replacement/Indow Anatomy/Old Door Re-Use (#1322)
- Episode #1317