Ask This Old House
In the barn loft, plumbing and heating expert Rich Trethewey "clears up" the mysteries of clogged bathtub drains. Then, general contractor Tom Silva helps Marblehead, Massachusetts homeowner Terry Lavelle replace his double-hung window weights with spring loaded sash balancers. Afterwards, Tom shows host Kevin O'Connor how to insulate the empty window weight pockets to prevent cold winter drafts. Then Tom, Rich, and Kevin, along with landscaping contractor Roger Cook ask, "What is it?" Finally, Roger helps a very thoughtful tenant, Brett Campbell of Arlington, Massachusetts, plant a low-maintenance garden for his elderly landlady. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: Host Kevin O'Connor, general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, landscape contractor Roger Cook and guest experts make personal HOUSE calls, guiding viewers through home improvement techniques.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Ask This Old House aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Episode #1306
- Episode #1305
- Episode #1304
- Episode #1308
- Episode #1307
- Episode #1303
- Episode #1302
- Episode #1301
- All About Kitchen Renovations/Chef Michael Symon (#1226)
- Replacing Outdated Fluorescent Under Cabinet Lights/Working With Concrete (#1225)
- Making a Home Accessible/Modifying a Bathroom and Dangerous (#1224)
- Building A Simple Table/Getting Rid of Tree Stumps (#1223)
- Planting a Low-Cost Privacy Screen/Sealing Ductwork from the Inside (#1220)
- Starting Plants from Seed/Building a Moveable Kitchen Island (#1219)
- Building a High Tunnel Greenhouse in Mississippi/Converting Recessed Lights into Pendants (#1217)
- Installing A Clawfoot Tub with Shower/Installing a Permanent Fire Escape Ladder in a Bedroom (#1216)
- Fitting A Mattress Up A Narrow Staircase/Repairing a Light-Switch in Seattle (#1215)
- Repairing A Rotted Porch Post/Dealing with High Indoor Humidity (#1214)