This Old House
1894 Concord Cottage (#2314)
Host Kevin O'Connor arrives just in time to see the installation of the new fence, trellis, and gate. Then, landscape architect Stephanie Hubbard gives Kevin an update on the landscape plan, explaining how new plantings will help conceal the utility shed in the back corner of the Cottage. Kevin surveys the progress on the first floor and finds a new custom front door in place, as well as a built-in hutch in the dining room made off-site by local cabinetmaker Jon Sammis. General contractor Tom Silva shows Kevin coping techniques -traditional and new-fangled - as he works to build, and fit a cap for the crown molding in the dining room. Kevin stops off at the historic Noah Brooks Tavern in Lincoln, Massachusetts, to see the Junior League of Boston's Show House - an annual event that brings in more than 30,000 visitors to see the work of some of the best interior designers in Boston. Then, Kevin makes a trip to The New Yankee Workshop to see master carpenter Norm Abram's progress on the frame for the interior sliding window unit.
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: Three Jersey Shore projects wrap up; the "Mantoloking Miracle", garage doors, planters. 23:13
Full Program: Richard builds a safe room. Tom tests window protection. With Guest: Jim Cantore. 23:44
Richard visits Oklahoma to install a safe room for tornado protection. 05:42
Full Program: Kevin surfs the Jersey Shore; sea level footings; siding, decking; flooring. 23:43
Full Program: Roger plants a maple tree. Richard starts a basement bathroom. Plus, "What Is It?" 23:43
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: America's favorite home improvement series, the Emmy Award-winning THIS OLD HOUSE, with host Kevin O'Connor, general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, landscape contractor Roger Cook and master carpenter Norm Abram.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Indicates a December Celebration program
These episodes of This Old House aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Jersey Shore Rebuilds 2013/One Year Later (#3308)
- Jersey Shore Rebuilds 2013/Sandy and The Jersey Shore (#3301)
- Jersey Shore Rebuilds 2013/Stories from Sea Level (#3307)
- Jersey Shore Rebuilds 2013/Go with the Flow (#3306)
- Jersey Shore Rebuilds 2013/Lines in the Sand (#3305)
- Jersey Shore Rebuilds 2013/Built for Speed (#3304)
- Jersey Shore Rebuilds 2013/Getting to Work (#3303)
- Jersey Shore Rebuilds 2013/Drastic Measures (#3302)
- Essex 2012/13, A Home for Mom & Dad (#3226)
- Essex 2012/13, Design for Everyone (#3225)
- Essex 2012/13, from Our House to Daryl's House (#3224)
- Essex 2012/13, Wooden Ships & Shiplap Boards (#3223)
- Essex 2012/13, Rustic Plaster, Advanced Septic (#3222)
- Essex 2012/13, Clam Flats & Lightning Rods (#3221)
- Essex 2012/13, Cottage Style (#3220)
- Essex 2012/13, Liquid Assets (4 of 11) (#3219)
- Essex 2012/13, One-Level Living (3 of 11) (#3218)
- Essex 2012/13, Human Centered Design, and Demo (2 of 11) (#3217)