Caprial and John's Kitchen: Cooking for Family and Friends
Cooking with Herbs (#202)
Caprial and John visit lush, aromatic herb gardens, finding delicious herbs to store and cook with in your home kitchen. Roasted Red Peppers Topped with Fresh Herbs and Shaved Parmesan CheeseSimple Pasta with Flat Leaf Parsley and Extra Virgin Olive Oil; Grilled N.Y. Steaks topped with Herb Pesto and Breadcrumbs [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: CAPRIAL AND JOHN'S KITCHEN approaches food preparation the way it actually happens in so many American homes - as an activity shared by the entire family. Taped at the Caprial and John Pence's International Cooking School in Portland, Oregon, the series includes family-based episodes, with a focus on technique by teaching skills needed for braising, pasta-making and sauce preparation. Lively sequences in a number of exciting Oregon locations including the abundant Willamette Valley vineyards, Portland's colorful farmers' market, unique Asian groceries and chic new bakeries. CAPRIAL AND JOHN'S KITCHEN capture the husband-and-wife team at home, surrounded by their children and other family members, creating fun-filled, easy going pizza parties and ice-cream socials.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Caprial and John's Kitchen: Cooking for Family and Friends aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Ales and Lagers (#326)
- Decadent Organic Dairy (#325)
- Chocolate Alchemy (#324)
- Chinese Favorites (#323)
- Water of Life: Pear Brandy (#322)
- Forget What You Know About Brussels Sprouts (#321)
- Clams (#320)
- Wine Pairing Dinner (#319)
- Goat Cheese Tasting (#318)
- Fruit Harvest Dinner (#317)
- Organic Root Vegetables (#316)
- Pumpkin Patch Dinner (#315)
- Hand-Picked Sweet Corn (#314)
- Rediscovering Green Beans (#313)
- Chestnuts: Beyond Roasting (#312)
- Raw Milk Cheese (#311)
- How to Enjoy Artichokes (#310)
- Your Kitchen Garden (#309)
- Fruit Honey (#308)
- Choosing The Right Seafood (#307)
- Blueberry Harvest (#306)
- The Perfect Pinot (#305)
- U-Pick Tomatoes (#304)
- Farmers' Market (#303)