Caprial and John's Kitchen: Cooking for Family and Friends
Jewels of the Sea: Oysters (#203)
Whether or not they improve your love life there are plenty of reasons to love oysters. The Pences learn the secrets of oyster shucking from the experts. Pan-fried Oysters with Spicy Red Cabbage Slaw; Oyster Stew [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: CAPRIAL AND JOHN'S KITCHEN approaches food preparation the way it actually happens in so many American homes - as an activity shared by the entire family. Taped at the Caprial and John Pence's International Cooking School in Portland, Oregon, the series includes family-based episodes, with a focus on technique by teaching skills needed for braising, pasta-making and sauce preparation. Lively sequences in a number of exciting Oregon locations including the abundant Willamette Valley vineyards, Portland's colorful farmers' market, unique Asian groceries and chic new bakeries. CAPRIAL AND JOHN'S KITCHEN capture the husband-and-wife team at home, surrounded by their children and other family members, creating fun-filled, easy going pizza parties and ice-cream socials.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Caprial and John's Kitchen: Cooking for Family and Friends aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Ales and Lagers (#326)
- Decadent Organic Dairy (#325)
- Chocolate Alchemy (#324)
- Chinese Favorites (#323)
- Water of Life: Pear Brandy (#322)
- Forget What You Know About Brussels Sprouts (#321)
- Clams (#320)
- Wine Pairing Dinner (#319)
- Goat Cheese Tasting (#318)
- Fruit Harvest Dinner (#317)
- Organic Root Vegetables (#316)
- Pumpkin Patch Dinner (#315)
- Hand-Picked Sweet Corn (#314)
- Rediscovering Green Beans (#313)
- Chestnuts: Beyond Roasting (#312)
- Raw Milk Cheese (#311)
- How to Enjoy Artichokes (#310)
- Your Kitchen Garden (#309)
- Fruit Honey (#308)
- Choosing The Right Seafood (#307)
- Blueberry Harvest (#306)
- The Perfect Pinot (#305)
- U-Pick Tomatoes (#304)
- Farmers' Market (#303)