Garrison Keillor: The Man on the Radio in the Red Shoes (#2204)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Garrison Keillor and Poet Laureate Billy Collins collaborate on a noir radio play about a fugitive poet and his... 08:25
Garrison Keillor asks his listeners to adopt a bison for the winter – after all, it gets cold out on the prairie. 01:32
A rhubarb farmer explains where he gets his crop, and how many pies he can make with it. 01:33
Garrison Keillor discusses why Americans feel the overwhelming urge to share their intimate stories with complete... 01:19
America's foremost humorist and social pundit, Garrison Keillor takes his skits and monologues across the country... 00:31
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists. Created in 1984 by Susan Lacy and produced by Thirteen/WNET for national public television, the series is both a celebration and an exploration of creativity in America. Consisting of more than 250 hours of programming to date, AMERICAN MASTERS is a growing film library documenting the role important individuals, groups, and movements have played in the formation of our cultural identity.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of American Masters aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- James Levine: America's Maestro (#2403)
- Jascha Heifetz: God's Fiddler (#2802)
- Margaret Mitchell: American Rebel (#2503)
- Judy Garland: By Myself (#1704)
- Dorothea Lange: Grab A Hunk of Lightning (#2704)
- Alice Walker: Beauty In Truth (#2606)
- August Wilson: The Ground On Which I Stand (#2705)
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe: The Godmother of Rock & Roll (#2602)
- Ricky Jay: Deceptive Practice (#2801)