Garrison Keillor: The Man on the Radio in the Red Shoes (#2204)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Garrison Keillor and Poet Laureate Billy Collins collaborate on a noir radio play about a fugitive poet and his... 08:25
Garrison Keillor asks his listeners to adopt a bison for the winter – after all, it gets cold out on the prairie. 01:32
A rhubarb farmer explains where he gets his crop, and how many pies he can make with it. 01:33
Garrison Keillor discusses why Americans feel the overwhelming urge to share their intimate stories with complete... 01:19
America's foremost humorist and social pundit, Garrison Keillor takes his skits and monologues across the country... 00:31
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists. Created in 1984 by Susan Lacy and produced by Thirteen/WNET for national public television, the series is both a celebration and an exploration of creativity in America. Consisting of more than 250 hours of programming to date, AMERICAN MASTERS is a growing film library documenting the role important individuals, groups, and movements have played in the formation of our cultural identity.
All Upcoming Episodes
A Fierce Green Fire (#2701)
- Fri, August 29, 8:30 PM on IPTV
These episodes of American Masters aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Tanaquil LeClercq: Afternoon of a Faun (#2703)
- Pete Seeger: The Power of Song (#2101)
- Plimpton! Starring George Plimpton As Himself (#2702)
- Carol Burnett: A Woman of Character (#2008)
- Judy Garland: By Myself (#1704)
- A Fierce Green Fire (#2701)
- Margaret Mitchell: American Rebel (#2503)
- Harper Lee: Hey Boo (#2504)
- Alice Walker: Beauty In Truth (#2606)