The Doors: When You're Strange (#2302)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
The first feature documentary to tell the Doors' story uses only original footage -much of it previously unseen - shot... 00:30
In this video, see rare archival footage of legendary band The Doors, including live footage of a performance of... 03:05
Robby Krieger, guitarist for The Doors, talked to PBS at this year's SXSW festival about American Masters "When You're... 02:49
John Densmore, the drummer for The Doors, talks to PBS about American Masters "When You're Strange," the first feature... 02:19
Susan Lacy, creator and executive producer of American Masters, explains the drive behind telling David Geffen's... 08:09
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists. Created in 1984 by Susan Lacy and produced by Thirteen/WNET for national public television, the series is both a celebration and an exploration of creativity in America. Consisting of more than 250 hours of programming to date, AMERICAN MASTERS is a growing film library documenting the role important individuals, groups, and movements have played in the formation of our cultural identity.
All Upcoming Episodes
Billie Jean King (#2604)
These episodes of American Masters aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- American Ballet Theatre: A History (#2803)
- James Levine: America's Maestro (#2403)
- Jascha Heifetz: God's Fiddler (#2802)
- Margaret Mitchell: American Rebel (#2503)
- Judy Garland: By Myself (#1704)
- Dorothea Lange: Grab A Hunk of Lightning (#2704)
- Alice Walker: Beauty In Truth (#2606)
- August Wilson: The Ground On Which I Stand (#2705)
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe: The Godmother of Rock & Roll (#2602)
- Ricky Jay: Deceptive Practice (#2801)