The Day Carl Sandburg Died (#2505)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
See and hear Carl Sandburg read "Arches": an excerpt from "The Day Carl Sandburg Died." These words appear in... 01:08
Watch the trailer for "The Day Carl Sandburg Died." It premieres on AMERICAN MASTERS Monday, Sept. 24, 2012 at 10... 01:47
See and hear Carl Sandburg's Chicago in a scene from "The Day Carl Sandburg Died." It's a city that's the archetype of... 02:46
Full Program: Composer Marvin Hamlisch gave the world "A Chorus Line," "The Way We Were," and much more. 01:23:11
Director Bob Smeaton talks about the making of Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin'. 05:35
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists. Created in 1984 by Susan Lacy and produced by Thirteen/WNET for national public television, the series is both a celebration and an exploration of creativity in America. Consisting of more than 250 hours of programming to date, AMERICAN MASTERS is a growing film library documenting the role important individuals, groups, and movements have played in the formation of our cultural identity.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of American Masters aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dorothea Lange: Grab A Hunk of Lightning (#2704)
- A Fierce Green Fire (#2701)
- Margaret Mitchell: American Rebel (#2503)
- Tanaquil LeClercq: Afternoon of a Faun (#2703)
- Pete Seeger: The Power of Song (#2101)
- Plimpton! Starring George Plimpton As Himself (#2702)
- Carol Burnett: A Woman of Character (#2008)