Hanging Book Case (#1707)
Underhill takes viewers through the process of building a traditional hanging bookcase, while helping them understand the method behind efficiently cutting wood. By teaching the audience how to create a tapered sliding dove-tailed joint, to scallop a wood piece by using a compass, and to firmly assemble a bookshelf, this episode of "The Woodwright Shop" serves as an excellent introduction into the world of furniture joinery. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: THE WOODWRIGHT'S SHOP demonstrates traditional furniture making.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Woodwright's Shop aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Big Ash Mallet! (#3313)
- Dutch Tool Chest with Christopher Schwarz (#3312)
- Try Square with Christopher Schwarz (#3311)
- Early Iron with Peter Ross (#3310)
- Paneled Chest with Peter Follansbee (#3309)
- Joined Chest with Peter Follansbee (#3308)
- Combination Planes (#3307)
- Sharpen That Saw! (#3306)
- Swinging Saw Vise (#3305)
- Carving Away with Mary May (#3304)
- The Venerable Bead (#3303)
- Rachell's Standing Desk 2 (#3302)
- Rachell's Standing Desk (#3301)