Wooden Tea Machine (#1709)
In this episode of The Woodwright Shop, Roy Underhill teaches audiences how to make a Mitchell Motion Cam by crafting a wooden tea dunking machine. Viewers learn not only about the history of the motion cam, but also the procedures for laying out a design, creating gears, making precise shafts and bridle joints, and using the proper techniques for carving wood. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: THE WOODWRIGHT'S SHOP demonstrates traditional furniture making.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Woodwright's Shop aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Big Ash Mallet! (#3313)
- Dutch Tool Chest with Christopher Schwarz (#3312)
- Try Square with Christopher Schwarz (#3311)
- Early Iron with Peter Ross (#3310)
- Paneled Chest with Peter Follansbee (#3309)
- Joined Chest with Peter Follansbee (#3308)
- Combination Planes (#3307)
- Sharpen That Saw! (#3306)
- Swinging Saw Vise (#3305)
- Carving Away with Mary May (#3304)
- The Venerable Bead (#3303)
- Rachell's Standing Desk 2 (#3302)
- Rachell's Standing Desk (#3301)