Betting on the Market (#1506)
For fourteen years, Wall Street has produced record gains and has been embraced by America as the place where hopes and dreams can be realized -- but do Americans understand the nature of the risk? This program traces the seduction of baby boomers into the stock market and looks at its implications for U.S. corporations. The program follows Garrett Van Wagoner, one of the nation's hottest mutual fund managers, and tells the story of Peter Lynch, celebrated manager of Fidelity's Magellan Fund. [60 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 359 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 68 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: As PBS' premier public affairs series, FRONTLINE's stature is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human, social and political experience.
All Upcoming Episodes
The Retirement Gamble (#3108)
The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
These episodes of Frontline aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Gunned Down: The Power of the NRA (#3304)
- The Trouble with Antibiotics (#3301)
- Drug Lord: The Legend of Shorty (#3220)
- Escaping ISIS (#3312)
- Prison State (#3210)
- Hunting the Nightmare Bacteria (#3114)
- Solitary Nation (#3209)
- Growing Up Trans (#3401)
- Rape on the Night Shift (#3311)
- Being Mortal (#3306)
- Obama at War (#3310)
- Secrets, Politics and Torture (#3309)
- The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
- Outbreak (#3308)
- American Terrorist (#3307)
- Memory of the Camps (#318)
- The Fight for Yemen (#3219)
- The Vaccine War (#2816)
- The Rise of Isis (#3302)
- A Death In St. Augustine (#3115)
- Outlawed In Pakistan (#3110)