Nazi Gold (#1518)
It may be the final tragedy of the Holocaust. For years, many survivors and their families have tried in vain to collect assets deposited in Swiss banks before the war. Most were turned away empty-handed. Today, new information about Switzerland's financial relationship to the Nazi war effort has blemished its long-held reputation of neutrality. Frontline examines the Swiss role in supporting Nazi Germany and explores the internal politics in Switzerland that allowed their border police to turn fleeing Jews away, into the hands of the Gestapo. The program also examines the Swiss response as they have been forced to address Holocaust survivors seeking reparations. [60 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 367 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 68 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: As PBS' premier public affairs series, FRONTLINE's stature is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human, social and political experience.
All Upcoming Episodes
The Rise of Isis (#3302)
My Brother's Bomber (1 of 3) (#3313)
- Sun, December 20, 8:00 PM on IPTV World
My Brother's Bomber (2 of 3) (#3314)
- Sun, December 20, 9:00 PM on IPTV World
My Brother's Bomber (3 of 3) (#3315)
Escaping ISIS (#3312)
These episodes of Frontline aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Who Was Lee Harvey Oswald? (#3204)
- Isis In Afghanistan (#3318)
- Gunned Down: The Power of the NRA (#3304)
- Terror in Little Saigon (#3317)
- Inside Assad's Syria (#3402)
- Immigration Battle (#3316)
- My Brother's Bomber (3 of 3) (#3315)
- My Brother's Bomber (2 of 3) (#3314)
- My Brother's Bomber (1 of 3) (#3313)
- Putin's Way (#3305)
- The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
- The Retirement Gamble (#3108)
- Outbreak (#3308)