Fooling with Nature (#1619)
In this episode, Frontline examines new evidence in the controversy over the danger of manmade chemicals to human health and the environment, thirty-five years after Rachel Carson first raised concerns of an impending ecological crisis. Currently, millions in research and public relations dollars are being spent in the battle, and President Clinton is calling this one of his top environmental priorities. The film takes viewers inside the world of scientists, politicians, activists, and business officials embroiled in this high-stakes debate that threatens the multibillion dollar chemical industry. [56 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 359 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 68 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: As PBS' premier public affairs series, FRONTLINE's stature is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human, social and political experience.
All Upcoming Episodes
The Retirement Gamble (#3108)
The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
These episodes of Frontline aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Trouble with Antibiotics (#3301)
- Drug Lord: The Legend of Shorty (#3220)
- Escaping ISIS (#3312)
- Prison State (#3210)
- Hunting the Nightmare Bacteria (#3114)
- Solitary Nation (#3209)
- Growing Up Trans (#3401)
- Rape on the Night Shift (#3311)
- Being Mortal (#3306)
- Obama at War (#3310)
- Secrets, Politics and Torture (#3309)
- The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
- Outbreak (#3308)
- American Terrorist (#3307)
- Memory of the Camps (#318)
- The Fight for Yemen (#3219)
- The Vaccine War (#2816)
- The Rise of Isis (#3302)
- A Death In St. Augustine (#3115)
- Outlawed In Pakistan (#3110)