The Farmer's Wife (#1702)
David Sutherland continues his probe into the lives of a farmer and his wife in this three-part documentary. Part two focuses on the couple and their three daughters as they struggle against debt, weather, and each other to hold on to their property and their marriage. "The Farmer's Wife" is a touching and inspirational piece that examines the life of a woman who sacrifices her joys, aspirations, and education to support her husband and raise her family. The program witnesses the arguments, such unavoidable problems like the killing of their best cow by lightning, methods for surviving such as joining a food exchange program, and attempts at keeping joy and hope in the family with daily mass. [116 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 363 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 68 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: As PBS' premier public affairs series, FRONTLINE's stature is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human, social and political experience.
All Upcoming Episodes
Putin's Way (#3305)
My Brother's Bomber (1 of 3) (#3313)
Follow a brother's gripping search for the terrorists who blew up Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland. Filmmaker Ken Dornstein sets off to war-torn Libya in search of the men who killed 189... [56 minutes]
These episodes of Frontline aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
- The Retirement Gamble (#3108)
- Outbreak (#3308)
- Gunned Down: The Power of the NRA (#3304)
- The Trouble with Antibiotics (#3301)
- Drug Lord: The Legend of Shorty (#3220)
- Escaping ISIS (#3312)
- Prison State (#3210)
- Hunting the Nightmare Bacteria (#3114)
- Solitary Nation (#3209)
- Growing Up Trans (#3401)
- Rape on the Night Shift (#3311)
- Being Mortal (#3306)
- Obama at War (#3310)
- Secrets, Politics and Torture (#3309)
- American Terrorist (#3307)
- Memory of the Camps (#318)
- The Fight for Yemen (#3219)