The Lost Children of Rockdale County (#1804)
FRONTLINE examines the link between an outbreak of syphilis among a group of teenagers and the prosperous bedroom community in which they live. The film reveals a parent's worst nightmare -- children as young as 14 naming scores of sexual partners, and others telling of all-night orgies and sex parties. In a series of profiles, FRONTLINE uncovers the roots of the Conyers, Georgia, syphilis epidemic, and reveals a community -- despite its economic advantages -- struggling with teenage drug use, sex, aimlessness and cynicism. [86 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 363 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 68 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: As PBS' premier public affairs series, FRONTLINE's stature is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human, social and political experience.
All Upcoming Episodes
Putin's Way (#3305)
My Brother's Bomber (1 of 3) (#3313)
Follow a brother's gripping search for the terrorists who blew up Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland. Filmmaker Ken Dornstein sets off to war-torn Libya in search of the men who killed 189... [56 minutes]
These episodes of Frontline aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
- The Retirement Gamble (#3108)
- Outbreak (#3308)
- Gunned Down: The Power of the NRA (#3304)
- The Trouble with Antibiotics (#3301)
- Drug Lord: The Legend of Shorty (#3220)
- Escaping ISIS (#3312)
- Prison State (#3210)
- Hunting the Nightmare Bacteria (#3114)
- Solitary Nation (#3209)
- Growing Up Trans (#3401)
- Rape on the Night Shift (#3311)
- Being Mortal (#3306)
- Obama at War (#3310)
- Secrets, Politics and Torture (#3309)
- American Terrorist (#3307)
- Memory of the Camps (#318)
- The Fight for Yemen (#3219)