The Case for Innocence (#1808)
Fifteen years ago, DNA analysis was nonexistent. Today, more than 70 inmates accused of rape and murder have been freed because DNA tests proved their innocence in a way that evidence, courtroom testimony and eyewitness accounts never could. Why then are prosecutors, courts and even governors reluctant to use this scientific test? And when evidence has been tested and DNA does not match that of the accused, how can the law overlook the results? FRONTLINE examines the cases of those whose protestations of innocence could be confirmed by DNA testing, but who may remain imprisoned forever. [86 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 363 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 68 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: As PBS' premier public affairs series, FRONTLINE's stature is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human, social and political experience.
All Upcoming Episodes
Putin's Way (#3305)
My Brother's Bomber (1 of 3) (#3313)
Follow a brother's gripping search for the terrorists who blew up Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland. Filmmaker Ken Dornstein sets off to war-torn Libya in search of the men who killed 189... [56 minutes]
These episodes of Frontline aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
- The Retirement Gamble (#3108)
- Outbreak (#3308)
- Gunned Down: The Power of the NRA (#3304)
- The Trouble with Antibiotics (#3301)
- Drug Lord: The Legend of Shorty (#3220)
- Escaping ISIS (#3312)
- Prison State (#3210)
- Hunting the Nightmare Bacteria (#3114)
- Solitary Nation (#3209)
- Growing Up Trans (#3401)
- Rape on the Night Shift (#3311)
- Being Mortal (#3306)
- Obama at War (#3310)
- Secrets, Politics and Torture (#3309)
- American Terrorist (#3307)
- Memory of the Camps (#318)
- The Fight for Yemen (#3219)