The Choice 2000 (#1901)
As Americans prepare for the first presidential election of the 21st century, FRONTLINE correspondent and New Yorker writer Peter Boyer offers dual biographies of George W. Bush and Al Gore, the two men who are competing to become the next president of the United States. The two-hour documentary goes beyond the political rhetoric to explore how the candidates and their values have been shaped by family background, history, victory and defeat. [116 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 363 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 68 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: As PBS' premier public affairs series, FRONTLINE's stature is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human, social and political experience.
All Upcoming Episodes
Putin's Way (#3305)
My Brother's Bomber (1 of 3) (#3313)
Follow a brother's gripping search for the terrorists who blew up Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland. Filmmaker Ken Dornstein sets off to war-torn Libya in search of the men who killed 189... [56 minutes]
These episodes of Frontline aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
- The Retirement Gamble (#3108)
- Outbreak (#3308)
- Gunned Down: The Power of the NRA (#3304)
- The Trouble with Antibiotics (#3301)
- Drug Lord: The Legend of Shorty (#3220)
- Escaping ISIS (#3312)
- Prison State (#3210)
- Hunting the Nightmare Bacteria (#3114)
- Solitary Nation (#3209)
- Growing Up Trans (#3401)
- Rape on the Night Shift (#3311)
- Being Mortal (#3306)
- Obama at War (#3310)
- Secrets, Politics and Torture (#3309)
- American Terrorist (#3307)
- Memory of the Camps (#318)
- The Fight for Yemen (#3219)