Lapd Blues (#1915)
All is not well inside the Los Angeles Police Department. The worst corruption scandal in the force's history has devastated a police department once epitomized by Dragnet's Joe Friday and the clean-cut crew of Adam-12. In "LAPD Blues," New Yorker writer and FRONTLINE correspondent Peter J. Boyer unravels the mysteries that swirl around recent reports of police brutality, departmental racism and corrupt cops who take part in everything from dope deals to bank robberies. With unprecedented access to evidence -- including documents, audio tapes and startling footage of murders and mayhem --FRONTLINE explores the dark side of lawlessness that has crippled this once-proud force. [56 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 359 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 68 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: As PBS' premier public affairs series, FRONTLINE's stature is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human, social and political experience.
All Upcoming Episodes
The Retirement Gamble (#3108)
The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
These episodes of Frontline aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Trouble with Antibiotics (#3301)
- Drug Lord: The Legend of Shorty (#3220)
- Escaping ISIS (#3312)
- Prison State (#3210)
- Hunting the Nightmare Bacteria (#3114)
- Solitary Nation (#3209)
- Growing Up Trans (#3401)
- Rape on the Night Shift (#3311)
- Being Mortal (#3306)
- Obama at War (#3310)
- Secrets, Politics and Torture (#3309)
- The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
- Outbreak (#3308)
- American Terrorist (#3307)
- Memory of the Camps (#318)
- The Fight for Yemen (#3219)
- The Vaccine War (#2816)
- The Rise of Isis (#3302)
- A Death In St. Augustine (#3115)
- Outlawed In Pakistan (#3110)