The Saudi Time Bomb (#2006)
President Bush says that if the nations of the world are not with us in the war on terrorism then they're with the terrorists. But what about the United States' supposed ally Saudi Arabia? After September 11, many Saudi citizens reportedly applauded native son Osama bin Laden as a hero. Then the monarchy hesitated to renounce the Taliban and they are still reluctant to allow U.S. warplanes to fly from their bases. Why have Saudi and other Gulf charities sent money to support Islamic fundamentalist schools that are encouraging jihad? And are the Saudis dragging their feet when it comes to assisting U.S. law enforcement agencies that are tracking down terrorists? Whose side are the Saudis on? FRONTLINE and The New York Times explore the fragile alliance with this ultraconservative fundamentalist kingdom upon which the U.S. depends for 15 percent of the country's oil needs.
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
to.pbs.org/1gJb7Ys Coming to PBS 1/14. Using undercover footage, FRONTLINE explores life under Kim Jong-un. Just two... 00:32
Coming to PBS 1/7 to.pbs.org/1ib2JPh It's phone calls like this one that authorities point to as what's wrong with... 01:01
to.pbs.org/1iXIj04 Coming to PBS 1/7. FRONTLINE goes inside the dramatic, unprecedented hunt that uncovered vast... 00:32
Coming Nov. 19th: to.pbs.org/P3wm5C FRONTLINE marks the fiftieth anniversary of the Kennedy assassination with a... 00:32
From PBS and Frontline: "Nightmare bacteria." That's how the CDC describes a frightening new threat spreading... 02:00
- Watch more video from this program »
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 349 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 68 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: As PBS' premier public affairs series, FRONTLINE's stature is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human, social and political experience.
All Upcoming Episodes
Firestone and the Warlord (#3303)
The Interrupters (#3006)
- Tue, February 10, 5:00 PM on IPTV World
Being Mortal (#3306)
These episodes of Frontline aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- League of Denial: The NFL's Concussion Crisis, Part 1 (#3202)
- The Retirement Gamble (#3108)
- Putin's Way (#3305)
- Gunned Down: The Power of the Nra (#3304)
- From Jesus to Christ: The First Christians - (Pt.2) (#1612)
- From Jesus to Christ: The First Christians - Pax Romana/A Light To The Nations (#1610)
- Separate and Unequal (#3214)
- The Madoff Affair (#2714)
- Generation Like (#3207)
- Firestone and the Warlord (#3303)
- Solitary Nation (#3209)
- The Rise of Isis (#3302)
- Ebola Outbreak (#3217)
- Losing Iraq (#3215)
- The Trouble with Antibiotics (#3301)
- Death By Fire 2 (#2901)